Teheran - Iran, Exhibition: "Iran through the eyes of Homa" in September 2016
From 1976 to 1978 Georg Gerster was privileged to repeatedly fly over huge Iran and discover it from the perspective of the bird's eye. Now, he exhibits for the first time in Iran, in Tehran's Niavaran Cultural Center the aerial views from these flights. The exhibition titled "Iran through the eyes of Homa" pays tribute to Homa, a mythical bird of Ancient Persia's, celebrated for his sharp-sightedness. The show, which was curated by Sylvie Bouny, featuring 135 aerial images, opened on September 16, 2016 and closed on October 9, 2016. Gerster donated the exhibition to the people of Iran in recognition of generous support.
Over the coming years the exhibition will travel to all major cities of Iran:
First stop: Isfahan Museum of Contemporary Art, Isfahan (November 2016)
Iran Exhibition Foto PDF (further Iran Photos will be uploaded soon to the website)
NZZ: Swiss Newspaper article (in German) of November 7th, 2016 "Georg Gerster, Der Mann der Kaiserin".
Below from above, Fabian & Claude Walter, Zürich, 5.2016
Fabian & Claude Walter, Rämistrasse 18, 8001 Zürich / Switzerland.
13. 5.- 4.6.2016.
Persia: Paradise Lost, CosmosGalerie, Paris, 2014
From January 17 - February 15, 2014, CosmosGalerie in Paris exhibited 26 Fine Art Prints from Georg Gerster’s series Persia: Paradise Lost. The show was curated by Sylvie Bouny and Maryam Sachs. Concurrently the Swiss Embassy in Paris honoured the aerial photographer with an exhibit of 13 large Fine Art Prints from his global work.
The Staff of Life, Swiss Photo Foundation, Winterthur, 2013
In the Swiss Photo Foundation, Winterthur, were 50 large prints of agricultural landscapes on show, from March 14 through May 26, 2013. The exhibition „The Staff of Life“ („Wovon wir leben“) in aerial images highlighted problems of feeding the planet.?
Islands of the Gods, Rijksmuseum van Oudheden, Leiden, 2012
The Dutch National Museum of Antiquities (Rijksmuseum van Oudheden) in Leiden, The Netherlands, has shown the exhibition "Islands of the Gods": Georg’s coverage of the Greek archipelago side by side with artefacts from the museum’s collection, until Sept.2012
Persia: Paradise Lost, Wilmotte Gallery, London, 2011
From April 7 to May 20, 2011, the Wilmotte Gallery in London’s Lichfield Studios exhibited 14 large Fine Art Prints from Georg Gerster’s series Persia: Paradise Lost.
The Cultural Heritage of Hungary, Pécs, Hungary, 2010
The Cultural Heritage of Hungary in Georg Gerster’s Aerial Photos opened in Pécs, Hungary, in May 2010. Further stops: Budapest and Fellbach, Germany
Carrara salva Abu Simbel con foto di Georg Gerster, Carrara, 2010
The city of Carrara in Italy celebrated the contribution of its „marmisti“ (quarrymen) to the salvage of the rock temples of Abu Simbel in Egypt (1963-1968) in spring 2010 with an exhibition „Carrara salva Abu Simbel con foto di Georg Gerster“.
Paradise Lost. Persia From Above, Leila Taghinia-Milani Heller Gallery, New York City, 2009PARADISE LOST. PERSIA FROM ABOVE in the Leila Taghinia-Milani Heller Gallery (www.ltmhgallery.com), New York City, is a touring exhibition. After its closure on April 21, 2009, it will move from Manhatten to London, Paris, Dubai and Theran.
Rumania - a European cultural landscape, Berlin
Georg Gerster contributed 12 aerial views to the exhibition Rumania - a European cultural landscape. The exhibit was organized by the Auswärtiges Amt in Berlin, opened there, and is touring since in two versions through many cities in Germany.
Philips de Pury, May 2010
Iran In Vogelflucht, The Rijksmuseum van Oudheden, Leiden, 2009
The Rijksmuseum van Oudheden (national Museum of Antiquities) in Leiden, The Netherlands, was showing, side by side with choice artefacts from the Museum’s collection, 36 aerials under the title Iran In Vogelflucht (Iran.A bird’s eye view) The exhibition was to be seen until March 8, 2009. www.rmo.nl
The Past From Above, Germany, 2007
The aerials Blicke auf Rumäniens Vergangenheit (Views on Romania’s Past) that had complemented in Romania in 2007 the exhibition The Past From Above travel since December 2007 in Germany as an exhibition in their own right.
- Armani/casa exhibited 2007-2008 15 large aerial views in the showrooms and boutiques of the group.
- The Past From Above
- Archaeological sites in aerial photographs (Flug In Die Vergangenheit. Archäologische Stätten in Flugbildern).
- Ruhrlandmuseum, Essen , Germany 2003 www.ruhrlandmuseum.essen.de
- Moesgaard Museum, Aarhus, Denmark Oct. 2004- Feb.2005 (as FOrtiden I Fugleperspektiv)
- Badisches Landesmuseum, Karlsruhe, Germany 2005
- Swiss National Museum, Zurich July - Nov. 2005
- British Museum, London (Nov. 06 - Feb. 07)
- shown in Romania in 3 cities (Sibiu, Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca), August 2007 - January 2008.
- The Earth From Above. Focus Gallery, London 2000.
- Über Siebenbürgen. Kulturlandschaft in Flugbildern. 1996-2001 in München, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Berlin and other German cities.
- Le Pain Et Le Sel. Vues aériennes, Bordeaux 1992
- 60 images at the 18th Triennale, Milan 1992 (Motto: La vita tra cose e natura: il progetto et la sfida ambientale – Life between artifact and nature: design and the environmental challenge). Subsequently shown in Verona (1995), Florence (2001) and Lucca (2005).
- Chikyu To Ningen Ga Egaku Gurando Dezain (Grand Design Drawn by the Earth and Man). Museum for Salt and Tobacco, Tokyo 1990. Subsequently shown in Osaka, Nagoya and Chiba.
- Salz In Afrika. Deutsches Salzmuseum, Lüneburg 1989. Subsequently shown in the Museum for Photography, Braunschweig, and in the Scunthorpe Museum and Art Gallery, UK.
- U.S. Farmlands. Swiss Center, New York 1979
- Le Pain Et Le Sel. Vues aériennes. Centre Kodak, Paris l979. Subsequently shown as a touring exhibition in many French cities.
- Der Mensch Auf Seiner Erde (Grand Design). Aerial views exhibited in museums of Switzerland,, Germany and Austria (1975 – 1983).
- Swissair’s Muba (Basel Muster-Messe, Trade Fair) Pavillion – images and text – on North America (1965), Africa (1966), South America (1967), North America (1968), Japan (1969), Swissair Worldwide (1970), USA (1971).
- Kirchen Im Fels.(Churches in Rock), Zürich and other Swiss cities,1968/69.
Large portfolios of prints
Would you like to buy a print, please contact us at: email@example.com
Large portfolios of prints, wall decorations and collector’s items, are with:
- Fine Art Invest Group FAIG
- Fine Art Invest Fund
- Third National Bank of Ohio, Dayton, Ohio/USA
- Duriron, Dayton, Ohio/USA
- Zurich Financial Services, Zurich
- Bank Leu, Zurich
- Museum For Salt And Tobacco, Tokyo
- Swiss Re, Zürich
- Swiss Foundation Of Photography, Winterthur
- University Hospital, Zurich
- Procter And Gamble, Health Care Research Center, Mason, Ohio/USA
- Zürcher Kantonalbank ZKB, Zurich
- Center For International Studies, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH) and Zurich University
- Deutsches Salzmuseum, Lüneburg/Germany
- Technisches Halloren Und Salinen Museum, Halle (Saale)/Germany)
- Paul Reinhart Ag, Winterthur/Switzerland
- Celebrity Cruises, Miami/USA
- Spectrasearch Amrop Hever, Zumikon-Zurich
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota /USA
- Bank for International Settlements (BIS), Basel
- Syngenta, Stein/AG